Thursday, June 11, 2009

Let's Get Restarted (Part I)

Wednesday. 10 June 2009. 0340hrs.
msn-ing with tsu ann, phil, anu (cant rmb who else). just another day in my normal insomnia-ravaged life. approximately 2.5 hours to bedtime. Ygr Bro suddenly runs up the stairs panting and switched off the lights.

Me: What's wrong?
YB: Someone's tryna get in the house. (Knocks parents' door. They wake up)

I turn to the CCTV which is behind me and start scanning all four screens. Nothing. Parents and YB run down. Sister wakes up and watches the CCTV. I am called down. And i do the stupidest thing. I return to my laptop and tell whoever im chatting with BRB. Then i go down. Dad, OB,YB and I are armed with golf clubs. 4 of us head out from the back, stealthily circle the house, check every nook and corner, and every coast is clear. No intruder in sight. I check the roof. Clear. We all head inside. Doors locked. OB relates the story.

OB: I was sleepin. Suddenly I hrd this voice talkin to me. I opened my eyes and saw this figure at the window. I thot it was a dream. But the voice was clear. I thot it was (YB) but then i realised he cldn be outside at this time. I realised it was an outsider and just shouted at him. Then i got out and told (YB).

We view the CCTV. 0335hrs. Nothing. 0338hrs. Nothin. OB growing increasingly fearful he may have caused a kerfuffle over a dream. o340hrs. Bingo. Intruder spotted climbing over a wall from the neighbour's house at the back. Casually walks around the compound as if he owns the damn place. Strolls to my bro's room. Windows are open. He pops his head in. (Probably where he starts talkin to my bro to see if there was anyone inside). After a while he flees. Heads to the front and jumps out the front gate. Drama ceases.

But not the consequences. A huge debate between Dad and OB ensues. The manner in which the intruder strolled around indicated he was familiar with the area. Either he's been in before or has been watchin us. Either way it makes my skin curl and blood boil. Home is no longer safe. Younger sibs chatter about the incident. Parents head to bed. And I casually return to my laptop, as nightmares of 1999 swarm into my head.

Fucker with white top, black jacket, shorts and sandals outside my bro's room.

1 comment:

angieflo said...

with sandals?! weird.. tot this kind of ppl normally wear shoes.. =/