Friday, August 7, 2009

....And the Day continues...

=While highlighting key phrases in the Econs textbook, came across a section on tips to effective studying. One tip was to not just highlight. I highlighted that tip.

=I pondered for a drink to buy at PV’s convenience store, and after forever, settled for 100plus. Then JB tells me he has 100plus at home.

=I have no problem saying “I love you” to friends. I just can’t say it to the significant other. Oh and guy friends too.

=Philemon wore a jacket and jeans with fake ipod earphones dangling. He demanded I take a picture cos he ‘looked good’. Like wtf?

=I received decent female attention in MUFY. I receive zero attention from girls in Monash now. But I do attract the guys every now and then. WTF?

=Mich mentioned a name, and Anu linked it with this assholic guy with a punchable face. It turned out to be him. We felt so great. It got better cos his name could be made fun of. Perasan, Presentation…..(inside joke)

=Shimi played Jonas Brothers’ “When You Look Me In The Eyes” in Anu’s car. Everyone went “Whaaat???!!!” A minute later he and I were singing to the song, and the girls weren’t.

=While trying to get a pink lighter, I picked Ann’s pink container instead. She laughed. Hours later I asked her for a lighter. She passed me a blue pen. At least the container had a resemblance to the lighter.

=It had been torturously scorching the past weeks. And life in Uni was terrible. It was windy, cool and rainy on my birthday. And the day just kept on getting better. I felt it was a truly special day indeed.


04 August 2009.


2130+hrs: At Anu’s house. Sposed to interview her mom, ended up being interviewed instead. Sposed to get management work done, onlined instead.


2245hrs: In Anu’s room with Shimmi, Ahmed, Ann and Ashwin. They were jamming, blogging, reading… I was online.

2330hrs: Chatted with JB, and he had me super confused with his cryptic sms-es and convo. Said he had a surprise or something. Left me excited and tad anxious. I didn’t know what he was up to.


2358hrs: While onlining, lights suddenly went off. Anu and her sis Nim entered the room carrying something. Everyone started singing “Happy Birthday”. Someone was playing the birthday song on the organ thingy. I was completely overwhelmed and shocked. Probably didn’t react the way I was supposed to. But hell! It was good. Anu, Ann, Shimmi, Ahmed and Ash, I love u guys. Not just for that, but for being super cool friends. Seriously.

05 August 2009.


0000hrs: JB types “eh happy birthday” on MSN. I was like what that’s the surprise? Then he said “surprise! No surprise.” I was so =.=. Nick called and chatted a while. Bro called, and the messages came in.


0100hrs +: Anu sent us back, and Ahmed bitchslapped my face. It was the perfect start.
Econs lecture was manageable. Pretty good day so far. Best thing was the weather. Windy, chilly, cool. Perfect. After the long days of heat. During lecture break, Addy surprised me with a gift she had bought with Shen. WTH! I was super shocked. Could this day get any better? Apparently yes.


Was with JB during break. He sent me something on Bluetooth. It was the funniest yet most touching thing I’d ever seen. THAT was the surprise he wanted to give me. Couldn’t stop laughing and tearing. Never saw it coming. Love u man. Not just for that. But for being the best friend I could possibly have. Seriously.


JB went for class. I was hungry. So Anu, Ann and I went to Pink to eat. Ordered food while waiting for Lala who had break. Lala came, with Jarvis…and a whole bunch of ppl and a cake. A CAKE. WTH! Completely din see this coming. Phil, Mich, Joey, Andrew, Sung Jin, Andre and some other guy whose name I donno were there as well. Belted out that birthday song again. Loudly. OMG. Overwhelmed. Sppechless. DAMN! And Lala made this super cool card. MADE. Really touched me. Love u Lala. Not for the card and the whole celebration, but for being there all the time. Seriously.


OK. This had to be it right. One old man couldn’t take so many surprises in one day. Well, maybe just one more. It wasn’t a surprise, cos this one came from me. Ipod Classic vs Ipod Touch. Settled for classic for rm 999. 120GB. FUCK! Definitely the best the day I’ve ever had in a freakin long time. Oh and the next morning, while walking out of Suria Mas, spotted this coffin looking crate near the stairs. Ann and I started laughing like nobody’s business. Again, its an inside joke. Blame yourself for not being inside. Lol.


To all those who made this day truly remarkable, thank you. It was amazing.




Two Ladies who made the day remarkable. Amazing.



Who needs a cake when you got this! Creative beyond creative! Who needs to cut cake when you can stab the apple! Fantastic!




Lala made this. MADE! Just look at it. To say I was touched would be an understatement. And her messsage inside was so sweet too.

"To my dearest 'Grandpa', HAPPY BIRTHDAY once again!! Really sorry bout not getting you any present but hope you'll like this card that I specially made for you. Plus, just wanna say thousands and millions BIG THANK YOU. Thanks for being such a nice fren to me. So proud to have you as my bestie. And I'll always be proud of it. So, all the best to you and do enjoy your B'day. HO HO HO! Now you can do anything you want due your an adult now =) xoxo, blurest girl (Angela)"


How can you not love her?



And to reward myself (for the first time),I bought an rm 999 iPod Classic with 120gb storage. Definitely the best day. BUT FUCK I DROPPED IT ON THE FLOOR WHENI WAS CHARGING IT! JUST 2 DAYS AND ALREADY I DROPPED IT. WTFFF!!!
Final Words to close this post....


JB, Lala, Ann, Anu, Shimi, Ahmed,Ashwin, special reservation for u bunch of ppl. You know I love you guys. Seriously!

3 comments:

angieflo said...

hahahha omg!!!! i never aspect that from u man.. hahhaha woah~ glad tht u enjoy ur day.. =)

Shahlabi said...

did not expect tt from me? expect wad? and yes i enjoyed it alot :)

angieflo said...

as in didnt expect you to be tht touched!!! hahahha =p good good.. glad to hear tht =)