Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Broken Strings

Parents don't know everything. And what they do might not necessarily be right. Sometimes they just need sth to wake em up. ok, b4 being accused of generalising, the above was only aimed at my parents. tho the return of my bro from aussie coincided with us feelin like a family, my parents had to spoil tt. or mayb its just me.
its the 2nd day of cny, and from experience shops will still be closed. mom insisted tt theyll be open cos its already the 2nd day. so i was kinda forced to go, tho i adamantly insisted most shops wd be closed. i was right. but i cldn gloat in victory cos i was kinda pissed off at me parents. gazillionth time. i reallie tink im adopted. everyone in me family looks and acts normal. cept me. i don have any of my parents' traits. or my siblings. none of em are "emo". speakin of, nick gave me these 2 emo vids to watch. they were creepy. if tt defined emo, then im definitely not it. im not tt extreme. woah.

So on the way to the mall, my dad spots this malay couple sitting on a bench chit chatting. they looked teenager-ish. sadly i cant say the same for myself no more. then my dad made this ridiculous remark abt how malays are "stupid", getting attached so young and getting all their priorities wrong and stuff, and tt prompted my mom to add "yeah la smoke oso and all". First, stop living in the past. this is 2009, not 1950. just cos ppl are hooking up duzn mean they are misprioritizing. wth. so all teenagers who have bfs/gfs are bad ppl/made wrong decisions? fuck, i dated anu twice. i wonder wad theyd say if they knew tt. if i had my dads ego i can tell him i dated anu and shove my xm results in his face. tt shd shut him up.
2nd, they gotta stop with the bloody misconception that smokers are bad ppl, and im not saying tt jus cos i do. tts one bloody mindset i want obliterated. if what my parents tink is true then me and my bro are indeed evil ppl. jus made me realise my parents dont know alot abt all of us after all, tinkin we're all angels. and my dad keeps preaching abt moral and religion and all when he himself doesnt practice what he preaches. bloody hypocrite. i sure hope i don grow up to be like him. oh well, ill prolly be a sad emo loner livin by myself peddling drugs. that or a terrorist.

During lunch/dinner, bro was talking abt aussie life. suddenly it din seem so appealing. then again, he seems to enjoy life there alot. but then againnnn, hes completely diff from me. hes sociable, acclimatizes and adapts to change easily and is optimistic. so i donno. i really donno what to do. another day passed, and my mind is no less clearer. im still confused as hell. i just need tt single breakthru in my mind tt will point the way for me. sian.
on the way back a couple of chinese boys were playing fireworks. mom mentioned y there arent reports of ppl gettin injured by fireworks during cny but yet durin hari raya many ppl do. hmmm.

No comments: