Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, Same Probs

So 2009 has finally descended upon us. ok. movin on... what u expected some boisterous words with joyous emoticons and all tt? i really dun get all the kerfuffle abt a new year. its still a year, and its just another day. call me weird but new year means nothin to me. ppl party and club but y? its jus another day aint it? wads the whole point of a mega celebration (when the next day goes back to "normal" mode), with ppl plotting new year resolutions (which they will never achieve) and acting as if some divine intervention had just occured. Get a grip dudes and babes. New Year only signals the advent of the end of the past. (u may not get this). We get a yr older. So stop revelling in parties silly and be a tad more introspective.

As usual Singapore's over-hyped Countdown party at the Marina Bay Floating Platform was, well, over-hyped. It was still lame. As lame as last year's. There's no point belting out the latest pop songs when u bloody well cant hold a tune/note or even pronounce words properly. Not saying I can sing, but i aint the one up there makin a fool of myself. At least the fireworks were impressive and worth watching.

New Year's Eve's Eve (Tuesday):
Stayed home playin PS2. Dinie came ard 4. Chatted abt all our ongoing probs and family issues till abt 7. Pretty glad im gettin more involved with him.
Finally ended the whole issue about my future. Staying?Going? Well, honestly I pretty much gave up on life, as my last post would have indicated. So I couldnt give a damn no more abt what happens to me in the future. So, I decided to continue Sem 2. Tho I hate that fucked God-forsaken shithole place to the core. A little bird kinda fuelled that decision, his forages into emoness getting under my own emo skin. Got me thinkin whole nite. Then there was my roommate. And another. And another. So all in all I just had to go back. Sigh.

New Year's Eve:
Finally met Kevin, Darius and JT. With Rjv of course. Was so bloody tired cos i had been playing with my thoughts till 5 am and woke up so early. Honestly thot today was gonna suck. But it defied my expectations, thankfully. It was such a blast and tho we all had not met in ages it felt like we'd been around each other daily and had not left. Felt just like secondary school, crap and lameness all intact. Today also happened to be "Bump-into-ex-schoolmates" Day. Ran into Desmond at Orchard, met some guy from school while jostling with the bloody crowd and later met Rjv's make-up wearing dude fren. Woah. The whole day couldnt have gone better. Actually it could have. Somewhere during lunch my pain acted up again and i forgot to bring my meds. Tried brushin it off but it refused to. Had to bear with it all the way where my energy seemed to be sapped and i jus felt tired, tho i was still pretty much happy. It was so weird. To top it off there was sucha bad human jam for the buses heading to JB. Some bloody prick jabbed me right at my wound while shoving to get into the bus. Fuckin shithead. Hope he gets dengue on New Years, suffer all the way till his birthday and jus die. Miserable scumbag.

New Years Day:
Almost an hour into 2009. Still feels the same. Duh. (Refer to first paragraph). First song played was "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects. Not a very appropriate song. Who cares. Parents are out. Wow. Prolly dining with that Russian Dictator and her Soviet husband. Never knew they had New Yr plans. Their lives are definitely more happening. who cares. Thinkin abt my grandma makes me know I shd, but its just so bloody hard given current circumstances. Just what the heck shd I do. Crap just realised my nose had been bleeding this whole time and now my boxers and shirt are stained. Wow. so much blood. and i din even know. the blood looks kinda cool. and now it looks as if i pissed blood in my boxers.

No comments: